Pierce County Fair Ambassador Application
- The Royal Court is made up of 4-5 Ambassadors, with an Ambassador crowned Royal Ambassador at the Fair.
- This form must be submitted by Friday, December 8, 2023.
- Applicants will be interviewed before the selection process by members of the Fair Board. Applicants are to wear business attire. These interviews may be via Zoom.
- The Royal Court will be chosen on a day to be determined early in 2024.
- There will be an informational Zoom meeting on a To-Be-Determined date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.
- Applicants must be actively involved in the Pierce County Fair.
- Applicants must be between 13 and 18 years of age as of January 2024.
- Applicants must plan to exhibit in at least one area/project during the Pierce County Fair.
Interview - Judging Criteria (counts as 50 percent)
Applicants reporting for interviews will be judged on the following criteria:
- Self-presentation & Personality
- Responses to questions
- Posture & Poise
- Grooming & Attire (youth professional)
Pageant - Judging Criteria
- Talent 25% - Chosen and performed by each Applicant to highlight a little about themselves.
- Onstage Question/Formal wear 25% - Being able to answer an impromptu question on stage.
Expectations after becoming an Ambassador
- All Ambassadors will wear “official” clothes at all appearances.
- Clothes and shoes must be clean, and clothes must be wrinkle-free.
- Hair should be styled neat and clean for appearances.
- Fingernails: please make sure they are clean and well groomed, if polished, they should not be chipped.
- While on or about Court duties, all Ambassadors will be representing the Pierce County Fair:
- Be respectful & polite to each other as well as those they are around.
- Engage in the designated activity (No cell phones).
- Converse/interact with the public.
- The adult in charge/chaperone will send you home for inappropriate behavior.
- If you cannot make an appearance, you need to inform the Advisor or the Chaperone that is overseeing the activity for that day.*
- To be considered for Royal Ambassador you need to be at 75% of the events (last-minute events will be attended “as available” and not be part of the percentage).
- Your reign for the Fair is not over at the end of the Fair. There may be appearances after the Fair that you will be asked to attend, except for those that are away at college. We would love you to return the following year to help crown the Royal Ambassador.
- All Ambassadors need to arrive at appearances on time and ready to begin on time!
- This is a NO DRAMA zone! You don’t have to like each other, but you need to be friendly and polite. You are representing the Fair.
- Each Ambassador will be required to fill out a medical release form and have their own insurance coverage.
*All Court members and parents will be given the phone numbers for the designated chaperone prior to the appearance.
Contact information: email@example.com or Seville Hering at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Once the Court is established, there will be outings and events that they will attend, where they will then be judged on their personality and friendliness to the public. This judging shall be completed by independent judges with input from chaperones, Fair Board Members, and the Court Advisor (providing that they are not a parent/guardian/leader of a youth in the current year’s competition). The Ambassador with the best score will be crowned the Royal Ambassador on Thursday evening of the Pierce County Fair on the main stage.