4-H RABBIT DEPARTMENT
Superintendent: Tiffany Albright
Enter at PierceCountyFair.FairEntry.com
Here are some helpful helpful dates:
- July 1, 2020 - FairEntry will begin taking entries.
- July 16, 2020 - Poster entries are due in Fair Entry.
- July 24, 2020 - All other entries - still life and animal are due in FairEntry. (This gives judges two weekends to complete
- August 3, 2020 - Judging must be completed. (This allows time for a slideshow of exhibits for our Virtual Village to be compiled)
- August 10, 2020 - Judging results must be entered by this date ——————————————————————————————————
Class: 551 Fitting and Showmanship (see below for tips)
Points allowed: Blue 50; Red 40; White 30
Fitting & Showmanship Tips: Image, video (2-3 minutes, and/or PowerPoint presentation (5 slides or less) of youth presenting the animal **ANIMAL MUST BE ENTERED INTO TYPE also**
Image, video, and / or presentation should be according to the ARBA standards. Please see
ARBA-Showmanship.pdf for more info. Each youth
should be showing the animal in pose, doing a vet check, breed/ variety of animal, and telling extra information about their animal like: history of animal (where it’s from, what was/is breed for, etc...), naming DQ’s, weights,
Class: Rabbit Type (see next page for tips)
552. Purebred (breeds will be listed in FairEntry).
591: Crossbreeds, Pet Quality or Neutered – Under 5 Lbs
592: Crossbreeds, Pet Quality or Neutered – Over 5 Lbs.
- Senior Buck- 6 months & over
- Intermediate Buck-6-8 months (6 class Rabbits only)
- Junior Buck- 6 weeks-6 months (must meet ARBA minimum weight requirement).
- Senior Doe- 6 months & over
- Intermediate Doe- 6-8 months (6 class Rabbits only).)
- Junior Doe- 6 weeks-6 months (must meet ARBA minimum weight requirement)
Points allowed: Blue 15; Red 12; White 9
Rabbit type tips:
- Image of Side View of Pet in Pose
- Image of Rear View
- Image of Top View
- Present animal as you would for the show ring. Photos should be taken horizontally (landscape mode). Take photos in a well-lit area. Try to reduce as many shadows and glares as possible. Make sure the animal is posed on a table not in a cage, etc... Photos should not be altered or edited! 4-H member should be in at least one image with the
animal, and should also be dressed appropriately for the show table.
*790-792 Equipment and crafts:
Tip: Take photo of item in well-lit area
Class: 790. This may be a feeder, cage or nest box. List name and use of equipment on a 3”x5” display card and attach to exhibit.
Class: 791. Rabbit Equipment Made from a kit
Class: 792. Rabbit Related Project -
The following classes must not be duplicate entries with other departments. Must have been made by the exhibitor during the current year. May enter up to two (2) articles in each one lot. No duplicate entries in the
same lot. Not eligible for State Fair Entry.
1. Photo enlargement (5”x7” - 10”x13”)
2. Series of photos (mounted on poster-board)
5. Individual Educational Project- (Environmental theme, warm bedding,
6. Rabbit Pelt – Tanned/Cured
Points allowed: Blue 10; Red 8 ; White 6