Superintendent/Department Chair: Sarah Mantegna
Assistant: Beth Mantegna
Entry Closing Date: July 24, 2020
Enter at https://piercecountyfair.fairentry.com/
All animals must be entered in 4Honline prior to entering in FairEntry.
• Animals with horns are not permitted to show except junior calves.
• Dairy certificates must be on file at the 4-H office by May 1, 2020.
• Each exhibitor is responsible for fitting their own animal. It is permissible for a leader, parent or junior leader to hold an animal for grooming.
• Other entries can be made in Bowls, Educational Displays (Posters), and Judging.
Class: 671. Fitting & Showmanship Contest.
- Animal will be judged on the way it is fitted and shown. Type will not be considered.
- Appearance of exhibitors also will be judged. The uniform scorecard for judging fitting & showmanship contest will apply.
Lot: 1. Junior 2. Intermediate 3. Senior 4. Alumni
Points allowed: Blue 50; Red 40; White 30
Alumni Show: This fit and show class is open to all former 4-H members. No premiums, virtual ribbons only.
Class: Dairy Cattle Animal Evaluation
681. Milking Shorthorns
683. Brown Swiss
689. Other Breeds Lot:
- Junior Heifer Calves-Born after March 1, of current year and over 4 months of age.
- Intermediate Heifer Calves-Born December 1, 2019 through February 28, 2020.
- Senior Heifer Calves-Born September 1, 2019 through November 30, 2019.
- Summer Yearling Heifers-Born June 1, 2019 through August 21, 2019.
- Junior Yearling Heifers-Born March 1, 2019 and May 31, 2019.
- Winter Yearling Heifers-Born December 1, 2018 through February 28, 2018.
- Senior Yearling Heifers (not in milk)-Born September 1, 2018 through November 30, 2018. NOTE: Senior yearling heifers that have freshened will show in lot 8.
- Cows-2 years and under 3-Born September 1, 2016 through August 31, 2018.
- Cows-3 years and under 4-Born September 1, 2015 through August 31, 2016.
- Cows-4 years and under 5-Born September 1, 2014 through August 31, 2015.
- Cows-5 years and over-Born before September 1, 2014.
Points allowed: Blue 30; Red 20; White 10
4-H DAIRY-DEPARTMENT VIRTUAL SHOW TIPS
- Image, video (2-3 minutes, or PowerPoint presentation (5 slides or less) of youth setting animal up
- Image, video, or presentation should show youth showing the animal. Purpose of the content is for the youth to share the message of what they have learned about their project and the industry represented.
Classes: 681- 689
- Present animal as you would for the show ring. Photos should be taken horizontally (landscape mode).
- Take photos in a well-lit Dairy Cattle area located outside.
- Try to reduce as many shadows and glares as possible.
- Make sure the animal is not standing in tall grass or deep shavings etc.
- Photos should not be altered or edited!!!
- 4-H member should be in at least one image of the animal, and should also be dressed appropriately for the show ring.
- Image of Front View
- Image of Side View
- Image of Rear View