4-H CATS-DEPARTMENT ASM
Superintendent: Kirsten Lawson
Assistant Superintendent: Tanya Peila
All animals must be entered in 4Honline prior to entering in Fair entry.
- All applicable Fair rules are in effect for this department. Failure to fulfill any exhibitor expectations may cause the loss of all premiums, ribbons and awards.
- Cats must have been owned or in the exhibitors care prior to June 1, 2020. Exhibitors must be enrolled in the cat project.
- Limit two (2) cats per member.
- Members must enter Fitting & Showmanship, Type, and Herds, except for Cloverbuds.
- Cages must be covered on sides back and top and skirting for the cage. Cages may be decorated, but cats must be in full view at all times. No coverings allowed draped over cages hiding cats. Do not use material a
cat may destroy. Please see “criteria for cage decorations on page 27 of the Unit 1 Cat Project Book.
- Exhibitors must dress tastefully at all times. No unhemmed shorts; spaghetti strap, low cut or crop tops or flip flops when on video.
- All cats must be vaccinated against rabies. The 4-H rabies Certificate must be signed by a veterinarian and presented as proof of vaccination. All cats must be vaccinated against distemper, feline viral
Rhinotracheitis and Calici virus. Proof of vaccination will NOT be required for video competition this year. Cats must be free of external skin disease, parasites, and any obvious symptoms of infectious diseases.
- No visibly pregnant or lactating cats are allowed.
- No kittens under 16 weeks of age are allowed.
- Other entries can be made in 4-H in Action, Bowls, Educational Displays (Posters), and Judging.
- Cloverbuds may enter one cat. Must be entered into fitting and showing and type and herds and optionally allowed to enter in costume and cage decoration.
- Cat Alumni may enter one cat. Must be entered into fitting and showing, type and herds, optionally okay to enter cat costume and cage decoration.
401. Fitting & Showmanship Lot:
- Clover Buds
Points allowed: Blue 50; Red 40; White 30
For Fitting and showing: Each exhibitor will need to submit a video of themselves (in show clothes) with their cat (in a harness and leash). The video should include:
- Introduction of yourself and your cat, how old you are and how old your cat is and how many years you have been cat showing in 4-H
- Going through the show order (see EM4810E Cat Fitting and Showmanship). Zoom in as needed so judge can see grooming.
- After show order, state three things you have learned from your appropriate Cat book (Unit 1 for Juniors, Unit 2 for intermediates, Unit 3 for Seniors)
403. Household Pets - Shorthair
404. Household Pets - Longhair
405. Senior Cats (over 10 years of age)
- Males (Toms and neutered)
- Female (Queens and Spayed)
406. Kittens (4-8 months)
- Household Pet
Points allowed: Blue 20; Red 10; White
For Type: Each exhibitor will need to submit a video of themselves (in show clothes) with their cat (in a harness and leash). The video will need to include:
- Introduction of yourself and your cat, including age of the cat and what category the cat is in (i.e. female household pet shorthair – if purebred – what breed)
- Going through show order (see EM4810E Cat Fitting and Showmanship). Zoom in as needed so judge can see grooming.
****You can use the same video for both fitting and showing and type!****If you enter second cat you will need to enter the video link for the second cat in the description field for that entry.
407. Cage Decoration (Dimensions listed above). Please see “criteria for cage decorations on page 27 of the Unit 1
Cat Project Book.
Lot: 1. Junior 2. Intermediate 3. Senior 4. Cloverbuds 5. Alumni
For Cage Decoration: Please submit a short video of the cage with cat in it, to include an explanation of the cage theme and how it was made (including what items were made by the
exhibitor). Alternatively, you can submit a still photo of the cage (with cat in it) and a word or PDF document explaining the cage theme and how it was done.
408. Costume Class- see guidelines on page 25 of the Unit One Cat Project book.
Points allowed: Blue 10; Red 8; White 5
409. Cat Equipment.
For cat equipment: Please upload a photo of the cat equipment. Please add any information into fair online on what the equipment is and how it was made.
410. Cat Photography- Must be mounted or framed. Cannot be prints you are entering into photography.
- Single Print
- Collage (at least 4 prints)
Points allowed: Blue 8; Red 6; White 5
For cat photography: Please upload your photo. Please add title or any other information into fair online.
411. Cat Science
For Cat Science: Please upload word or PDF essay into fair online.
412. Cat Related Art. Not eligible for State Fair Entry.
Points allowed: Blue 8; Red 6; White 5
For Cat Related Art: Please upload photo into fair online. Please enter title/description and any other pertinent information into fair online.
12. CAT JUDGING CONTEST
Points Allowed: Blue 10; Red 8; White 6
Cat judging will be done online – details to come. Class:
391. CAT BOWL- Team participation. Teams will consist of 3-4 members and will compete in the age group of the oldest member. Teams may be
pre-entered or exhibitors may enter as individuals and form teams prior to the contest.
Cat Bowl will be done in a live video format. Time and details to be determined. This is a great chance to see and interact with your fellow cat showers!