There are many important required positions that must be filled each year. Some of the positions are filled by enthusiastic and devoted volunteers, while others are paid positions.
for all or part of your time, please fill out the attached application, circle your area of interest, but write "VOLUNTEER" across the top.
Some positions require working several weeks prior to fair, while others are just for the 4 day duration of the fair. An example of a few of the positions:
HOSPITALITY POSITIONS:Admissions Cashier
– Sale of admission tickets at one of several gate locations.
Cash handling skills as well as the ability to work with the public are desired traits.Shuttle Driver
- Valid drivers license, customer service experience and people skillsSecurity Dept
- Gate Attendant (not ticketing)
- Night Safety Team
- Day Safety Team
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT:Pre-fair set up
– Works several weeks prior to fair preparing grounds and buildings for fair occupancy. General labor
- Must be able to work hours as needed to prepare fair. Most of these positions are filled annually with returning members.Fair time operations
– Positions include general grounds care, refuse disposal, event set up and tear down and general maintenance duties.Post fair clean up
– Tear down and prepare for storage all fair materials in a timely manner.Grounds cleaning
– Provide cleaning services within the main food court area, maintain and clean hand wash stations, and general grounds clean-up.Restroom attendants
– provide cleaning services for several high volume restrooms.